The Debt Advice Peer Assessment (DAPA) process, builds on the experience and learning of the previous Peer Review Scheme and has been completely redesigned to ensure it can effectively support our commissioning approach going forward. The fresh approach of DAPA continues to consider a sample of closed client case files that are each benchmarked against the process’ criteria and utilises the skill set and expertise of current, active specialist debt advisers each of whom act as an Assessor. The process is managed independently of MaPS by Recognising Excellence.
Participation with the DAPA process is a mandatory element of the grant funding arrangements and assessment performance now forms one part of a series of metrics that inform the MaPS Performance Management Framework. This now means that we have full insight into the assessment findings and how each organisation assessed has performed.
The new scheme guidance includes the following:
Face to Face Advice
General Support Documents
• DAPA Representations and Scheme Response Template
• DAPA Participant Urgent Action Response Template
• DAPA Participant Action Plan Template (Non-Urgent Action)
• DAPA Representations process
• DAPA Scheme Principles document
The DAPA Scheme newsletter is aimed at supporting both Lead Organisations and Participants with the principles of the DAPA Scheme. The purpose of the newsletter is to share information, good practice and ideas with organisations, in addition to general information and guidance regarding the DAPA Scheme, to improve the quality of MaPS funded debt advice.
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 1 – Feb 2020
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 2 – May 2020
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 3 – August 2020
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 4 – November 2020
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 5 – February 2021
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 6 – June 2021
• DAPA Scheme Newsletter Edition 7 – September 2021
Delivery of the Debt Advice Peer Assessment Scheme is managed on behalf of the Money and Pensions Service by our scheme administrator, Recognising Excellence. More information on Peer Review, including the Scheme Code of Conduct and confidentiality and data security arrangements, can be found here.