What’s in these terms and conditions?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website debtquality.org.uk (the “website”). Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our website you accept these terms
- There are other terms that will apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our website
- We may suspend or withdraw our website
- Our website is intended for users in the United Kingdom
- How you may use material on our website
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We are not responsible for third-party websites we link to
- Do not rely on information and tools on this website
- Prohibitions on your use of this website
- How we may use your personal information
- Other applicable terms
Who we are and how to contact us
This website is owned and maintained by The Single Financial Guidance Body (“us”, “we” or “SFGB”), a body corporate established pursuant to Section 1, Part 1 of the Financial Guidance and Claims Act 2018. The SFGB has brought together the three organisations known as The Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. Our registered office address is Holborn Centre, 120 Holborn, London, EC1N 2TD.
You can contact us by writing to us by email at: Contact@SingleFinancialGuidanceBody.org.uk or by post to our registered office address and marked for the attention of: Governance Manager.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms which you should read carefully.
By using our website you accept these terms
There are other terms that will apply to you
Additional terms and conditions may also apply to other services provided by us and these are set out below and/or will be explained or made available to you if you use these services.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 1 January 2019.
We may make changes to our website
We may update and change our website from time to time to reflect changes to our users’ needs.
We may suspend or withdraw our website
Our website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our website is intended for users in the United Kingdom
Our website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our website is appropriate for use or available in other locations
How you may use material on our website
Unless otherwise stated we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and in all material published on it. Those materials are protected by copyright laws both in England and Wales and around the world. All such rights are reserved. Materials include, but are not limited to text, data, applications, calculators, e-services, images, graphics, audio and video files, typographical arrangements (the layout or actual appearance), as well as any documents (capable of being reproduced by any digital means) and made available on this website. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content available on our website. All downloadable materials on this website are licensed for non-commercial use under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 UK) License.
Under the terms of this licence you must:
(a) always acknowledge and give appropriate credit to the SFGB, provide a link to the licence and indicate if any changes were made. Such changes may be made provided they are reasonable and there is no suggestion that SFGB in any way endorses you or your use;
(b) not use any material for commercial purposes;
(c) not modify, remix, transform, or build upon any material and should you modify, remix, transform or build upon any material, not to distribute such material;
(d) not apply legal terms or technological measures that restricts any third party from doing an act which is permitted under the licence.
You may not copy, reproduce (in whole or in part), adapt, modify, issue to, rent, lend or communicate to the public any non-downloadable material for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of us. Written requests may be submitted by email to Contact@SingleFinancialGuidancebody.org.uk or by letter to “Customer Enquiries” at the Single Financial Guidance Body registered office address above.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or business user: We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user: Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
Whilst we try to ensure that the information on this website is current and correct no undertaking, representation, warranty or other assurance, express or implied, is made or given by us or on our behalf or any of our partners, officers, employees, agents or advisers or any other person as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of any content contained on this website.
No responsibility is accepted by us or any of our partners for any action taken on the basis of the content of this website (to the extent permitted by applicable laws/regulatory rules). Our liability to you as explained above remains unaffected by this.
Whilst we try to ensure the information contained on the website is accurate and up to date, we cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies in the information. We are under no responsibility to provide you with access to any additional information or to update this website.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that this website is or will be secure or free from defects, bugs, viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive or that any defects and viruses that do arise will be corrected. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software that you may use. You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other program, component or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, corrupted data or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We are not responsible for third-party websites we link to
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
Do not rely on information and tools on this website
We are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Single Financial Guidance Body does not provide a regulated service. The information and material (including tools) provided on our website are for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content, or information derived from, our website. For example, you should seek further information from an independent financial adviser or from providers of specific financial products.
Prohibitions on your use of this website
You may not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms. In particular, but not exclusively, you must not use this website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose of effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these terms;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- in any way which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, in any country in the world.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of the provisions of these terms
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website;
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We shall fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of this section.
How we may use your personal information
Other applicable terms